Role Types within FieldInsight
There are three types of roles that can be created in FieldInsight: Administration (called 'Admin' for short), Schedulers and Technicians.
- Can create, edit and delete accounts for Schedulers and Technicians.
- Can create, edit and delete jobs, and assign staff to jobs.
- Can create, edit and delete Customers, Account Customers and Inventory.
- Have unrestricted access to the FieldInsight application.
- May be able to delete jobs (if an Admin allows).
- May have access to FieldInsight account settings (if allowed).
- Do not have access to the FieldInsight mobile app.
- Have restricted access to the FieldInsight app.
- Cannot create, edit or delete jobs. (unless allowed)
- Can no create a quote (unless allowed)
- Can add inventory to a job (if allowed)
- Do not have access to the FieldInsight account or account settings.
- Do have access to the FieldInsight mobile app.
- Can update the status on jobs assign to them, and send text messages to customers through the mobile app.
- Only able to see the jobs on there own schedule.
- You can set a technician as a team lead if that person is responsible for another time sheet entry.
There are a variety of settings that can be changed in System Fields as well as Misc that will enable to tp get the right balance for your team.