This is part of the Project management feature, which is an add on to Schedule Insight, to upgrade your plan get in touch on the chat, email or phone: +61 3 9005 7144
The project profit report will give you an overview of the profitability of your project. The report compares your budget (quoted amount) against the costs for a project split into job types, or project stages.
- Only approved quotes in the accepted status are included on the profit report
- Only approved purchase orders are included on the profit report, when purchase orders are marked as bill received they are no longer included in the cost.
- Paid bills are included as a cost in the project Profit report, approved bills will appear in the bill column but not be counted towards the costs as that would duplicate the cost from the purchase order.
- Timesheets must have the project number added to be included on the report
- Product items added on a job for the project, are included in the job products column, but service items on jobs are not included as service hours are added in the timesheet cost column
Split your profit report into job types
Set job types for item on the sales documents that you create for a project to break down the cost into different job types, or stages in the Project profit report.
Set job types for items
To set the job type for an item select the job type in the dropdown for each item on the quote or purchaser order.
If you can't see the job type column on your items, go to Settings -System Fileds, scroll dow to the Job items section and check visible on Job item job type.
KPI Budget column
The KPI budget column show the percentage of the quoted amount used, when this goes over 100% it means your project is loosing money. You can set your project profit margin in Settings - Misc to indicate when this goes red
You can also create linked project variations, click on the variation tab to add a project variation. Variation do not share jobs or costs, they are all treated as individual projects.