If you have jobs that keeps going over several days, you can schedule an ongoing job. Unlike a callback (split) job where each job visit is treaded as a new job, an ongoing job shares all job details, except workers. If you change the job status on one instance of an ongoing job it will change on all the instances of the ongoing job.
Ongoing jobs have
- Ongoing jobs keep same job number for each visit
- The same job status for each visit
- Shared job items - changes on one job updates all
- Quotes, Invoices, Reports and Purchase orders are linked to one visit
- Technicians and Timesheets are not shared, if you add a timesheet one day that stays on that job visit
Schedule an ongoing job
Add a job as usual, or save an existing job as ongoing. You can make a job ongoing from the yellow hover over . or from the job save menu:
Save a job as ongoing in the Save & close dropdown
Save a job as ongoing in the yellow hover over box in the schedule or any job list
Select a time in the schedule for the next visit and add workers.
Check all the visits for the ongoing job in the job - visit tab:
Projects and ongoing jobs
Drag a job on a project to the + to create a new ongoing job visit for that day, with the same technicians allocated to the job.
Tip: if you don't want to use ongoing jobs, you can hide the ongoing jobs option in the job save menu. Just uncheck Enable ongoing jobs in Settings - Misc