This is a premium feature contact us on +61 3 9005 7144 or using the chat in the bottom right hand corner to find out more.
Penalty rate rules
The penalty rate rules are applied in a hierarchal order, and a penalty rate is never applied on top of another penalty rate. The normal labour charge is applied as a base rate for the on site time of the job, and the penalty rate is applied on top of this normal rate.
The hierarchal of the penalty rate rules:
- Lunch break - the unpaid lunch break will be taken out as unpaid time 6 hours after the job start time. No other penalty rate will be applied during the unpaid break hours.
- No lunch - this will be applied when no lunch is checked, for 2 hours, 6 hours after the job start time. no other penalty rate will be applied to this time.
- Overtime - will be applied as specified in settings, it will not be applied during the unpaid break or no lunch hours
- Inclement weather - is applied as specified on the job in the Inclement weather time dropdown. Inclement weather will not be applied if there is any other penalty rate applied at this time.
Site, Meal and Crib allowance are applied independent of the other penalty rate. Meal and crib allowance is applied as a fixed amount (as specified in settings) and the site allowance is applied on the job. Add the hourly site allowance amount on the job and it will be multiplied by the total hours worked for the invoice and timesheet.
1. No lunch rule
The no lunch rule applies after 6 hours of work, for a maximum of 2 hour, if the no lunch checkbox is checked on the job. For example if the onsite time is 6am and the no lunch checkbox is checked the no lunch penalty rate will be applied from 12pm -14pm.
- The inventory item for this penalty rate is No lunch charge, you can edit this item including the description in Inventory - Additional charges
2. Overtime penalty based on start & end time & hours worked
The overtime penalty rule applies for all hours outside normal working hours, or after a the selected number of hours on site. Whichever is greater.
In the example below Penalty rate would apply before 7am in the morning and after 4pm in the afternoon or after working 8 hours on site. (if the workers have an unpaid lunch break this will be deducted from the working hours).
- For a job that starts at 6am and ends at 2pm, 1 hour of overtime would be applied.
- If the job starts at 6am and finishes at 6pm, and the workers take a 30min unpaid break, overtime would be applied after 8 hours of work from 2:30pm to 6pm because that is greater than the hours before and after normal hours.
- The amount added in the Overtime rate paid to worker field will be added to the timesheet for the worker and the inventory item for overtime will be added to job items for the applicable hours.
- The inventory item for this rate is Overtime
3. Overtime penalty based on hours worked
If you do not use normal time and only want to apply overtime based on hours worked on site, you can select this setting instead of the above.
- There's no amount for this penalty rate as it only applies to the technician timesheet and doesn't add an item to invoice.
- The hours will be added to the timesheet as 1.5x or 2x overtime
- In the example below if a job stats at 6am and finishes at 6pm the hours from 2:30pm - 4:30 pm will be applied as overtime 1.5x and 4:30pm - 6pm as overtime 2x.
4. Apply penalty rate all day on Saturday and Sunday
Check this if you want to apply the penalty rate overtime all day on Saturday and Sunday
5. Minimum Labour charge rule
Check the Minimum labour charge rule if you want to apply a minimum charge (hour) to invoices for jobs that are shorter than the minimum hours.
- In the example below, a job on a weekday that is shorter than 8 hours will still be charged as 8 hours and a job on a weekend that is less than 4 hours will be charged as 4 hours.
- This doesn't affect overtime or other penalty rates, it is just a minimum charge for normal labour rates.
6. Inclement weather
To use the Inclement weather penalty rate, you need to enable two fields in settings - system fields
- Inclement weather penalty rate and the allowance paid to worker (to be added to the timesheet)
- The Inclement weather time filed to set the time for Inclement weather on the job
- Optional: you can show a field to set the Inclement weather allowance amount on the job
- The Inclement weather penalty will be applied to the time period selected on the job, in the example below, Inclement weather will be applied for 4 hours.
- Inclement weather is added as and item to invoice and to the technicians timesheet
- This penalty rate is not applied if overtime or no lunch is applied for the same time period.
- The inventory item for this rate is Inclement weather
7. Meal and Crib allowance
Check these allowances to add meal and crib allowances to timesheets and invoice items. You can select after how many hours work to add these allowances.
- Both meal and crib allowance are independent of the other penalty rates and will be added after the selected hours on site.
- The inventory item for these allowances are Meal and Crib allowance
8. Site allowance
There are two settings to check for the site allowance, the penalty rate and the Site allowance rate field on the job. You can select to make the site allowance rate field visible for schedulers and/or on Mobile.
- The site allowance will be applied for the total time on the job
- This penalty rate is independent of the other penalty rates
- The site allowance will be added both to the timesheet as an amount and to the job items ready to invoice.
9. Labour rate
Check this to set your normal labour rate. This will be added to the job items ready to invoice when you click confirm docket for the total time on the job.
- The inventory item for this rate is Additional labour
- It will not be added for the Operator or line hand, only for technicians in other roles.
1. In settings - system fields, enable the penalty rates and settings that you want to use
The penalty rates will be calculated and applied when the confirm docket button is clicked. The applicable penalty rates will be applied to the technicians timesheets and the job items ready to invoice.
Only one penalty rates will be applied at any one time in the hierarchy listed below.