Groups are handy when you have a need to segment Technicians in a way that is not directly related to Job Type. This may be based on variables such as
- Location (if you dont use the Region feature)
- Specialist activities
- Apprentice etc
Using groups to manage staff allows faster scheduling decisions. Groups are accessible from the Staff section in Settings.
Create a new Group
To create a new group, simply scroll to bottom of any Staff member profile to locate the Technician details
- Click Edit
- In the new New Item section name the Group and Click 'Add'
- You will now have that option in the Staff profile.
- The same as create a group, you can click 'Edit' to rename the group; bear in mind any Technicians assigned to this group will now be associated with the new name
Delete a Group
If you delete a Group and their are Technicians assigned, they will still stay associated to the Group, it is advisable to move any Technicians on to a new group if you want to delete an entire Group.
Note: If you regularly suspend staff members please note that any group they belong to will remain unless you remove them from it,
To add a staff member to a existing group
Assign a Staff member to a Group
- Select Edit on the Staff profile and scroll to the Technician details section
- Tick the Group that is relevant for this Technician
NB: The Technician can belong to more than one group
- Click Save Staff
The next time you schedule a job and select 'Group' in the calendar view.
You can still use the Job Type to refine a Technician selection.