Groups are handy when you have a need to segment Technicians in a way that is not directly related to Job Type. This may be based on variables such as
- Location (if you dont use the Region feature)
- Specialist activities
- Apprentice etc
IMPORTANT: regardless of the group, any Technician managed on the Schedule attracts the per month subscription.
Using Groups to manage staff allows faster scheduling decisions. Groups are accessible from the Staff section in Settings.
Assign a Staff member to a Group
- Select Edit on the Staff profile and scroll to the Technician details section
- Tick the Group that is relevant for this Technician
NB: The can belong to more than one group
- Click Save Staff
The next time you schedule a job and select 'Group' in the Technician selection drop down, that technician will appear in the Group search.
You can still use the Job Type to refine a Technician selection.
Create a new Group
To Create a new Group, simply scroll to bottom of any Staff member profile to locate the Scheduler Section > Groups.
- Click Edit
- In the new New Item section name the Group and Click 'Add'
- You will now have that option in the Staff profile.
- The same as Create a Group, you can click 'Edit' to rename the Group; bear in mind any Technicians assigned to this Group will now be associated with the new Name
Delete a Group
If you delete a Group and their are Technicians assigned, they will still stay associated to the Group, it is advisable to move any Technicians on to a new group if you want to delete an entire Group.
Note: If you regularly suspend staff members please note that any group they belong to will remain unless you remove them from it,